- The EPA estimates that 160,000 early deaths — including 230 infants — were prevented by the Clean Air Act in 2010. Don’t let Congress strip the EPA’s authority to implement clean air standards that limit air pollution. Clean air saves lives.
- The American Lung Association released the Red Carriage television advertisement in an effort to thwart Congressional attempts to weaken the Clean Air Act. This lifesaving law has protected public health for more than forty years.
- Air pollution, infectious disease, extreme heat, drought, and flooding are all on the rise. NRDC Senior Scientist Kim Knowlton explains how these climate-related effects can threaten health.
- National Geographic – Global Warming: Global Warming 101
- National Geographic – Global Warming: Melting Alps
- National Geographic – Global Warming: Glacier Melt
- National Geographic – Global Warming and Deforestation: Mount Kilimanjaro.
- National Geographic – Global Warming: Rocky Mountain Bio Lab: Wildflowers
- How It All Ends: Nature of Science
- We have to believe what we are witnessing with our own eyes — floods, fires, melting ice and feverish heat. From smoke-choked Moscow to water-soaked Pakistan, to soaring temperatures in the US and a deteriorating landscape in the High Arctic, our planet seems to be having a breakdown. It’s not just a portent of things to come but real signs of very troubling climate change already under way.